Tuesday 8 December 2015

Oct 19, 2015

So this week was interesting,
It has been a very hard week for me, but things are getting better, I have been under the weather quite a bit this past week but we had an interesting experience this week. 
1. We were walking down the street and some teenagers asked us if we were Jehovah's and We told him no, and then they responded Yes you are, so we began to walk away and As we walked away we saw food fly past us, I had an apple thrown at me which just barely missed me and Elder Peterson got hit in the leg with a sandwich. It was a neat experience, I know you are all going to think I am crazy for saying that but It reminded me of a scripture. Actually 2 Scriptures.

1. Alma 8:13 Now when the people had said this, and withstood all his words, and reviled him, and spit upon him, and caused that he should be cast out of their city, he departed thence and took his journey towards the city which was called Aaron.
2.Acts 5: 40-41 40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.
 41 ¶And they departed from the presence of the council,rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shamefor his name.
I love How I am able to recieve abuse from others for the Lord's sake. I know it is difficult to recieve it, but to be able to be persecuted and cast out by society brings me great joy as I come to know my Saviour much more. 

So this week we met a nice lad he is 17 and his name is Ben, We taught him when I was on exchanges with Elder Christensen, We initially talked to him in the park, and he had many questions, and I learnt again, that we should only give people how much they can recieve, so many people try to ask tons of questions and although the questions will get answered we are given how much we can recieve otherwise they are confused and without understanding Learning can not take place.  But Ben is nice, we saw him last week and he told us he would like to learn more. So We saw him and taught him and it was nice. While we were teaching this lady came by and started asking us if we were fighting. I was sitting on the ground in front of the bench that we were talking at and she was under the influence of something, and kept asking us if we were fighting and such. It was funny. But then she started like touching my head, and my companion was like be careful not to burn him, as she was smoking a cigarette and it was hanging off. It was funny, But also sad. To see how dependent so many people are on drugs and tobbacco. It saddens my heart because I love these people, Heavenly Father loves these people and It hurts to see so many people who have lost that great gift of Agency given to us by our Father in Heaven. I do continue to pray that all of us will not allow ANYTHING or ANYONE to make our decisions for us, but that we use the gift God has given us and choose to follow him so that we can truly be free. 

As I was watching videos on lds.org while e-mailing, I saw the church came out with a new Mormon Message I really liked it. It talks about reflecting on our decisions and our lives. 

I also came across another video which touched my heart and showed me to be slow to make decisions. 


These videos both touched my heart. 

I also wanted to tell you that this week when meeting with Peter, he told us he desires to be baptized, he says he is obviously not ready yet, but he Wants it. So that made our week it was great. 

Many appointments kept getting rescheduled but We will be focusing on Striving to help people understand The Dire importance of making these things known unto them so they are willing to Prioritize the Gospel. 

At Testimony meeting yesterday, I recieved great answers to many questions I have wondered about and it was so neat to see that as I was open to the Spirit the  Lord Illuminated my understanding, and invited me to ponder questions to find out more about myself. 

I just want everyone to know, That I Know that Trials in our lives have 2 purposes, 1. To humble us and bring us to the Lord, and 2. To help us to Know the Saviour and his Father. I know through tribulations and suffering we truly come to experience Joy. I was thinking about this and Saw that as we suffer we understand the Love the Lord has for us all, and I just love it so much. So MUCH. 
I know that this is the only way to truly be free, and that is to submit ourselves to ALL that the Father seest fit to inflict upon us, because as The Lord told his Prophet Joseph Smith, all these things shall be for thy benefit and they shall be for thy good. 

I know the lord knows us much better then we think we know ourselves and his ways are RIGHT. 
I say this in the Name of Jesus Christ amen. 


Elder James Tom Kirk Reece    Currently Serving In Mullingar Branch, Dublin Stake, Irelandhttps://www.mormon.org/me/9D93/JamesTomKirkReece
Scotland/Ireland Mission 
51 Spylaw Road
EH10 5BP
Edinburgh
Scotland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder James Thomas Kirk Reece
Scotland/Ireland Mission
51 Spylaw Road
Edinburgh
Scotland EH10 5BP
United Kingdom

Mission home Phone: 44 +44(131)-337-1283

email: james.reece@myldsmail.net