Monday 8 June 2015

June 8, 2015

So this week has been pretty Epic that is for sure,
In my personal studies I am trying to Ponder more in my studies, which is allowing for more insights to come in my mind. I wanted to share one I really liked.
Ether 6: 5-7
 5 And it came to pass that the Lord God caused that there should be a furious wind blow upon the face of the waters,towards the promised land; and thus they were tossed upon the waves of the sea before the wind.

 6 And it came to pass that they were many times buried in the depths of the sea, because of the mountain waves which broke upon them, and also the great and terrible tempests which were caused by the fierceness of the wind.

 7 And it came to pass that when they were buried in the deep there was no water that could hurt them, their vessels being tight like unto a dish, and also they were tight like unto the ark of Noah; therefore when they were encompassed about by many waters they did cry unto the Lord, and he did bring them forth again upon the top of the waters.

As I studied this I pondered long on it, and I realized several things from it. One- The lord is guiding our lives and as he is guiding our lives he will provide for us trials, those trials and his direction are necessary for our progression.

Two- If we are " Tight like unto a dish" in all of our things we shall be protected from the adversary, we become tight like unto a dish by hearkening continually to the voice of the Lord in all things.

Three- As we are overcome by the adversary all we need to do is to Seek the Lord and call upon him and he will deliver us from those things.

I want to also share one of my favourite Quotes by Joseph Smith. This Quote has helped me alot thoughout my mission. I am like a huge, rough stone rolling down from a high mountain; and the only polishing I get is when some corner gets rubbed off by coming in contact with something else. … Thus I will become a smooth and polished shaft in the quiver of the Almighty."

So this week was pretty awesome, we saw many people, taught many and shared the gospel with everyone. I want to share a few of the experiences I had.

1. It was my first day leading out my new area and the night before I was praying to know where to go and what to do, As I looked at the map I felt prompted to go to a street. I didn't think anything of it, but then I was on exchange and Elder Fisher and I went to this street, we chapped a few doors noone was in, but then we found a lady from The Phillipines named Emma, she was catholic background but twe talked to her for a while and set up a return appointment, but the real miracle came as we were leaving, we asked her if she knew of anyone who could use the message of the Book Of Mormon, and she said yes, I have a friend 3 doors down, she is very busy though and her name is Joy. So we went down but Joy wasn't in, so we chapped the next house and we met Danny and Lindsay. So this experience was really cool. We started talking to Danny at the door and he said he doesn't believe in religion and all this and was fairly rude. Elder Fisher then said Can I ask you a question and he said No, but the spirit prompted us to continue talking, a minute later his wife came home and he actually invited us into his home. It was neat, He then began to share with us how he doesn't believe in religion as there are many people who profess to be one thing but don't do the things they profess to live, and we found out that his wife had been Jehovah's witness as a child but has left the Jehovah's witness religion, They had many questions for us one of them was, " What age do you do baptism? " and instead of just answering it we turned to the scriptures and shared with them Moroni 8: " 10 Behold I say unto you that this thing shall ye teach—repentance and baptism unto those who are accountableand capable of committing sin; yea, teach parents that they must repent and be baptized, and humble themselves as their little children, and they shall all be saved with their little children.

 11 And their little children need no repentance, neither baptism. Behold, baptism is unto repentance to the fulfilling the commandments unto the remission of sins.

 12 But little children are alive in Christ, even from the foundation of the world; if not so, God is a partial God, and also a changeable God, and a respecter to persons; for how many little children have died without baptism! " and it changed the whole atmosphere of the lesson. Afterwards I felt a prompting from the holy Spirit telling me that I should share with them the experience from the night before as I was praying where to go. So Following the Prompting I did just that and bore testimony that heavenly father knows them both and is reaching out in Love to them through us, Danny thanked us for that and told us it made him feel Good. It was a really powerful experience for us all.

Throughout the week as well we saw many more miracles. I can't write all of them. But I will share one more. So we were going by a friend of ours and she wasn't in but her brother was, He told us she wasn't in and as we were leaving Elder Schmidt asked him if he would be interested in learning, so we taught him right there and he said he would love for us to come back. We focused on the restoration and he talked about prayer. It was so neat to see that as we hearken to the instruction from Preach My gospel that we are greatly blessed.

For my myself it was grand this weekend as well because we had Stake conference, meaning going back to Finglas chapel, It was tons of emotions for me flocking back as that is where I began my mission. I saw many people I haven't seen in a long time and was greatful to have seen them. Our stake conference was a broadcast from Edinburgh where Jeffrey R Holland gave us instruction, He focused his remarks on the Book Of Mormon and the power it contains and what its role is to us and in each of our conversions such an amazing thing. He spoke with Power and Authority from God and The Spirit witnessed the truthfulness of all that he witnessed of. We then had a baptism for little Casey who is 8 and it was a very spiritual experience as well, and everyone in Mullingar rejoiced :)

This week will be exciting, We have All Ireland conference and Next Monday is zone Development so I will be e-mailing on Tuesday. Love you all



I love all of you and I want to add my witness to that of Jeffrey R Holland, that the Book of Mormon is true, and the Prophet Joseph Smith was moved by the holy Ghost to translate it and that it is an accurate account. I bear my solemn witness in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Until the Work is Done, Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder James Thomas Kirk Reece
Scotland/Ireland Mission
51 Spylaw Road
Edinburgh
Scotland EH10 5BP
United Kingdom

Mission home Phone: 44 +44(131)-337-1283

email: james.reece@myldsmail.net