Monday 8 June 2015

June 1, 2015

So this week has been amazing, but Terrible at the same time, it's been happy and sad.

So as you all know I am back in Ireland now, and I am so excited to be back to the stake I started my mission in, This coming Sunday we have Stake conference So I will see alot of my friends again after so long.  I am absolutely Over Excited for that.
Sadly with not being in Scotland I won't get to meet Elder Holland this week but Heavenly Father has other plans for me. I love this work and I Have been in Scotland for a full year of transfers so It is exciting to be back in Ireland. So Ireland has changed alot since I was first here.

However this week my studies have been excellent. I am studying in Mormon, and 3rd Nephi and I am really liking it. I am currently focusing in on what it is the Lord wants us to know. And It always scares me when Seeing how wicked the people became 3 hundred years after Christ. It's so terrible, I am greatful for these scriptures though because it helps me be protected of the adversary.

So this Monday was grand, So Because It is a mission tradition and I had many things that needed to be binned, I went out with the Miles (senior couple) and we burned a tie and shirt. :) It was alot of fun. I was so happy to see all of my friends that day and say goodbye, We also went to the Barton family to have dinner, As we were there we were able to see Daniel again, and teach Daniel, Ryan and Natasha's mom, it was really a great experience We had good discussions about God and The role of Joseph Smith and it it was very uplifting and strengthening. As we talked Ryan had many questions from an Atheist point of View, Daniel asked things from a Bhudist Point of View and Natasha's mom talked from a catholic point of view so it was neat to have an interfaith discussion. Before we were going to the Bartons we went to NorthConnel to say Goodbye to Peter, Grace, Adam, Dorothy and Bitey. It was so nice to see the to say goodbye to them. I am going to miss all of you.

We also went to stop by British Heart Foundation and said goodbye to the team. It was sad to have to leave them all but We have built some good relationships, I got to say bye to Hamish, Iain,Lynn, and Margaret Ann. Then Tuesday morning I said goodbye also to Linda as we were out and about.

We got to say goodbye to Carroll as well and she was so nice to us, I am so excited for her as she is over in The States to go through the temple for the first time. I am so excited to hear about her experiences.

I love all of you in Oban,

We also had the chance to be able to say Goodbye to our Friends, Wendy, Katy and Sadie, they had us over for dinner which was nice. :) I am going to miss them.
I have been reflecting on how many people I have met throughout my mission, and I am so greatful for all of you, I love all of you and think you are all amazing, I do hope that you all keep in contact.

It was so nice, I miss Oban a ton, but I know this is where the Lord needs me.
Right before I left I had one last deep fried haggis, I am going to miss that for sure.

We then travelled to Glasgow for the evening and spent the night with Elder Benton and Burch, it was so nice to see Elder Burch again as he was in my group. It was nice to talk and then head off from Scotland. The day of travel was long and tiring, Most of those travelling were us from Glasgow, I did get to see elder Bailey again which was amazing, but other then that most of us were from Glasgow Zone, and was with 2 people who were coming to Ireland for the first time. It was nice travel except
When I was at Europa Bus station in Belfast, I went to move with my baggage and my knee gave out again, So after being laid out for 5- 10 minutes on the ground with baggage all around me, the missionaries on the other side of the station realized I was hurt and came to my rescue. So right now my knee is super Swollen, but it won't stop me.
I then got into Mullingar with my companion, and found out we have a car :( we have it every second week. We started the companionship off with visiting the Murphys we visited and introduced me to them. The next day we did service for a lady and Brother Murphy came with us it was grand. We then did weekly planning and gathered our desires for the area and the companionship.

So my companions name is Norman Schmidt, he is from Germany he is one of two children and Worked in a factory before his mission and wants to be a mechanical engineer as well.

As we were tracting the next day we went by our potentials in an area and heard from none but in departing we met a nice lass named Aoife( Eee-fah) she said she like s to learn and talked about learning more about Jesus Christ she actually decided that she wants to read through the bible this summer as an dditional project, she was really cool, and she believes science and religion work together. I will keep you posted on her but she is amazing, We then met a nice Family.
Michael, Bernadette and Hayleigh invited us into their home and Michael is catholic, as they invited us in for discussion we talked and it was interesting. We then proceeded to inviting them to read the Book of Mormon and Michael told us Hayleigh would read it all and to come back the next day. So on Sunday we came back and she had read Cover to cover the Book of Mormon and we talked about the Restoration, They all shared negative experiences that they had in the Catholic church and especially with hypocrisy, so it was quite interesting, I look forward to seeing what happens to this family. They are great.

At church it was great we had our investigator Clement show up and he enjoyed it we then taught him about the gospel of Jesus Christ and invited him to be baptised and He knows baptism is essential, but We invited him to find out if the book of Mormon is true for if it is it would clear up all his concern. We also had a member of our friends family who has gone away present at church and he said he wants to learn, Our friend Casey is being baptised this week , and another friend Barrys their son is 8 and wants to get baptised so we will begin teaching him as well, The work is progressing and the Lord has a plan, as we were leaving church we got a call from a less active inviting us over for dinner, she is the mother of Casey and they are a lovely family. We shared our favourite scriptures with them and bore testimony. :)



I know the lord has sent me here for a great purpose and I look forward to seeing what happens. I love you all :)

Keep in Touch,

The magic is in the members and in hard work.

I want you all to know that I KNOW WITHOUT ANY DOUBT IN MY HEART THAT THIS CHURCH IS TRUE AND THAT THIS GOSPEL CAN BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY MORE THEN YOU CAN EVEN IMAGINE, I KNOW HOW MUCH IT HAS BLESSED ME AND MY FAMILY AND I KNOW THAT IT WILL BLESS YOU TOO.

My hope is that all of you may be able to feel the Love of our Heavenly Father.

And I leave this in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.


Pictures
Some of the people I have worked with



Elder James T Kirk Reece
Scotland/ Ireland Mission




No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder James Thomas Kirk Reece
Scotland/Ireland Mission
51 Spylaw Road
Edinburgh
Scotland EH10 5BP
United Kingdom

Mission home Phone: 44 +44(131)-337-1283

email: james.reece@myldsmail.net