Monday 16 February 2015

Monday February 16, 2015 - HIS ONE YEAR MARK!

Hey Everyone, 
This Week has been grand, It has been one of the best weeks in this area, with Lessons and everything. We had recieved many miracles, and as always Had some roller coaster events as well, but Mostly Good things,  As we have been ENDURING well we are beginning to see the blessings from it all. 

From My last Area, I found out one of the men I was working with Entered into baptism and has a strong testimony of the gospel.  He was expressing how he came to Feel that learning about the church Began from Elder Patterson and myself, So that is really cool to hear these things and to see these miracles happening. 
On Top of that I have began to understand greater about recieving revelation.
As I was out this week my companion who is the District Leader asked me to prepare to give instruction to Give to the District  at District meeting, and my topic was How Do I recognize the Holy Ghost and how Do I allow it to take control. As I went throughout the week, I was constantly praying about and thinking about these questions and As I sat down to ask for the Lord's direction as I began to write the instruction it flowed out on what I needed to talk about. As I was out on Friday I began to recieve this knowledge from the Lord about recieving Revelation and I Came to find that It was revealed to me that revelation, is a still small voice" As I reflected on this I realized that as I am more calm and more Quiet and constantly reflecting on these questions the Lord reveals these things unto us, In the Past I would ask a question and not think about it at all until I asked again in my prayers but something I have found out is that If we truly desire these things then We need to truly PONDER upon and Treasure up these things in our Days. I will report on the instruction next week

So this week we taught a man named Thomas, that you have heard about in the past but as we taught him about the Plan Of Salvation and we were able to give him the Book Of Mormon on Cd, He has began to feel the spirit much stronger, and We actually invited him to baptism and He accepted that If he recieves a knowledge that these things are from God He will be baptised. He also was invited to Church and to the Ceilidh and he came to both, Many people were very friendly with him which was amazing as I was frightened about it, based on his background but The Lord Continues to prepare a way. His date is April 15th.

We also Taught Colin this week and it was a marvellous experience for us to teach him. As we Taught him about the Plan Of Salvation and shared with him our testimonies and the scriptures, he expressed to us that He learns more from us in one visit then he learnt in the past in like 2 months. It was so marvellous, he also expressed how He has never felt with any other church the desire to be baptised but With the things he is learning he wants to be baptised, and he asked if He could come to church. It was a day of Miracles with him and He is definately very sensitive and very close to the Spirit which is so cool to see. But Also with much Good comes opposition, and he came across stuff that was misunderstood on the internet, which distracted him abit and  he called me about these things and I helped him to know about the things and give some basis for the things and clear up things. It was definately a trying time for me , but when I reflected on it I remembered that my Focus that day was on learning to not hinder the Spirit, and as this came up I relied wholly on the Spirit for my knowledge was nothing. 
We Were able to go on many exchanges this week, which was fun and I learnt alot from each person, I think that is one of the most interesting things I have learnt on my mission, is the fact that you can learn from each person and you can always see Good in people. It was incredible. 
We have seen many miracles during finding as well, and with member work, and 2 weeks ago the Ward got together and Fasted for missionary work, and the Lord is blessing all of us for our efforts, as we are reaching out in love to all of his children. 

I know that this work is true, There is nothing that can cause me to doubt that, I know that the Lord is in control and that all things in this work are dictated by him, I know that we have struggles and difficulties for purposes and that we recieve blessings for purposes as well, The Lord is at the helm and he bades all of us to come unto him. I know that there is no greater work on the face of this earth that we can be involved in and I KNOW from the bottom of my heart, that This gospel WILL bring you more Joy than anything else ever can. It is the foundation of which to build your lives, and I am so greatful for the opportunity I have been given to share these things with all of you and to have my life being built upon this foundation. I know that the Savior Lives, I know that He Died for me, and I have recently began to understand more of that love that he has, and I know that we too must love EVERYONE as he Loves us, and As we do the things to help others and to love and support his children then we are doing these things for him as well. 

I Know this work is True, and I know I am a part of this great work, I am greatful for this PRIVILEDGE I have to serve out here, and I am Greatful that My savior is with me through all of these things. I say these things in the name of the Holy one of Israel , my Lord and My Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen. 

I love all of you, and I make mention of you always in my Prayers. This Life is the time for us to prepare to Meet God, We have Difficulties and trials and afflictions in it but The Lord has purpose for it all, I Know my trials have Risen me WAY WAY higher then I ever could have reached without them I know that they have been for my Good as illustrated in D&C 121, I love that Counsel.


WELL Last week all of you made mention that it was coming up to my 1 year Mark So Here It Is 

AS Of Friday February 20th I have been serving my mission for A Year, It really does go so fast and this time is a time of reflection, I can honestly testify to all of you that I do not know the man who Left 1 year ago, I have seen so much change, so much growth and not only have I seen it but many of you have shared that with me as well. I want to thank all of you for your love and support for me, and Most Importantly I want to thank my savior For the OPPORTUNITY I have to serve him and his brethren but also Thank him for the opportunity I have to be able to CHANGE, To Be able to have a clear FOCUS in life, and to be able to OVERCOME adversity. 

Words from a great man ring in my ears. Spencer W. Kimball One of the Prophets of the church says, " I am yet Strong, give me on more Mountain to climb" and If I have learnt anything, it would be the importance of OPPOSITION.  I love a song, It says
" Give me mountains to climb, give me rivers to cross, give me anything that is going to make me better then I was" It is so POWERFUL it shows forth the importance of difficulties in our lives and I can't imagine how weak I would be if I haven't had TRIALS..

Keep Trusting in The Lord, Keep Looking Forward and Reach for the Skies. 

Love 
Elder James Reece



- Elder James Reece

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder James Thomas Kirk Reece
Scotland/Ireland Mission
51 Spylaw Road
Edinburgh
Scotland EH10 5BP
United Kingdom

Mission home Phone: 44 +44(131)-337-1283

email: james.reece@myldsmail.net