Tuesday 9 December 2014

Monday December 8, 2014 - He teaches us not to compare!

So As you know another week has come to a close. And My studies this week ave been intense, As I think I stated last week my focus is Consecration this month, To CONSECRATE myself and learn how to do so. It is a Major task and it will take many sacrifices but I am so greatful to be able to study deeper these things and become purified and sanctified unto the Lord. 

This week in my studies I have Focused on Consecration which I have several talks I am going through. But before I get into those, I wanted to share my new study technique that I have begun. 
So in my study Journal before I used to write down inspirations and revelations with everything now I have started to keep the Left Margin blank and when I recieve personal revelation on how I can improve or things I can do I write them there, which thus differentiates the two pieces of information. 

So this week in my study one talk I love reading and has helped me alot is "As Many as I love, I rebuke and Chasten- Elder Christofferson." 
This talk is great and I find it very interesting that the fact is that as I was planning on studying that talk a Mormon message came out about the Refiner's fire, If you have not seen it et it is really good and great imagery, But the basis of this talk at least for me is about LOVE. God Chastens us, corrects us and Reprimands us when we do wrong because he Loves us. God Loves us and because he is our father he must reprove us if not we wouldn't learn, and this is alot like us and our parents. When you were a Child, and you did something wrong, your parents disciplined you for doing it and because of that you didn't usually persist in doing it, think about it what would happen if your parents did not discipline you, you wouldn't have known and therefore wouldn't have learned. In Ether 12:27 it talks about how with God we can make our weaknesses become strengths right, how do you think that happens?
I know for myself When I recieve correction or I recieve things I can improve on I listen and hearken to them because usually it's things you don't see and just like in that case as we Hearken to the Lord and his counsel, he tells us those things we don't see in ourselves that could improve. 
How much more Potential can you then have my fixing these things and growing in your teaching, in your understanding and your Knowledge. All throughout the Standard works It talks about how we must endure chastening and if we don't we will not be counted worthy to stand before God at the Last Day. Think about that.......... It may be hard to have someone correct you and in D&C 121:41? it tells us that we must reprove betimes with sharpness when moved upon by the holy ghost, then showing forth an increase of love for those that you reproved lest he esteem thee as his enemy" This verse tells us that we are supposed to help one another know our weaknesses to change to become anew, And one of the biggest and most important is to take counsel from our heavenly father through the holy scriptures. It is very important that we hearken unto him and to remember the promise we have and in both The New Testament and the Book of Mormon we are given the instruction to be therefore perfect even as I or my father is perfect. and when we ask what manner of men we must be the savior tells us, "Even As I am"

That is a big TASK, and I don't know about you but I know I cannot make it on my own. NO WAY. I need corrrection, I hunger for it and so should you because it's through that that we BECOME what we NEED to become. 

I also Studied about Personal Time Management and it ties into diligence and as I was going through Preach My gospel, I saw that Everything in the book EVERYTHING, ties into Consecrating your all to the Lord. EVERYTHING. And with Personal time management it was talking about how we don't have more time we can't stretch time or slow down time, Time is a constant everybody has the same amount of time each day, Everybody and it is all about how well you manage your time, through Discipline. There's that word again Discipline, and that truly is the root of being a disciple of God and Of Christ, Discipline, and it is a major major tool in becoming Consecrated. Discipline allows you to be diligent, Discipline allows for the spirit to be with you and direct your paths and time management gives you a tool to discipline yourself too. For example.. Missionary has 45 Minutes at max to teach a lesson to someone, they must discipline themselves to teach within that time period because if you go past that the Spirit is not there as much, I can attest to that. The spirit is strongest during the lesson and when It's the strongest is when You should be commiting others and leaving so they can feel of that spirit which requires discipline and knowing that it is the Lord's way and not yours.

One other Talk I read this week was, According to the desires of your heart. I have talked about this one a few months back but It is so good, Because it talks about Disciplining and Training your desires. Any bad desires you have dissolve them, get rid of them, but it also means strengthening those righteous desires such as Being a good parent, Magnifying your calling, Seeing your family, all of these things.

I unfortunately don't have much time to talk about all that has happened this week but wanted to share something with you. 
I n our mission during Christmas and Easter the mission has a missionary choir that goes around and sings, it is comprised completely of missionaries, and For myself I like the traditional ways of missionary work but this is genious. I had the priviledge of going on Wednesdayto it and the spirit was so powerful and the Lord was definately watching, and I have come to kow that the Lord expects us to think outside of the box, whether you are a missionary or a Ward Leader or anything all of our callings have potential for great revelation and as we incorporate the Lord in everything he will show us what to Do.

Well this week has been fun,had stake conference yesterday which focused very strongly on Prayer and that relationship as well as NOT COMPARING YOURSELF to others  When you do this you compare your WORST self to their best self so you will ALWAS feel rubbish in comparison.

I am going to try something new this week I am leaving you a Direct Invitation, you can take it or leave it

I invite you if you do find yourself comparing yourself to anyone else, 
Sit down,
1. Open with Prayer
2. Ask the Lord what Are your Strengths. 
3. Ponder for 5 - 10 minutes
4. Record what they are 
5. Confirm with the Lord
6. Thank him for them.

Then read John 15:16 and Doctrine and Covenants 121: 39 I think.  About being Chosen and Ponder that in your heart

I leave these things with you and Bear witness to all of you that God Lives, He is the chosen Redeemer of the World, He loves Me and He Loves you, He knows your potential, You are not here by accident, you are here because he has chosen you and things you have are needed at this time. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ EVERYTHING can be made right, and we can BECOME like Christ, 
and I leave these things in the name of the only begotten of the Father the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Amen

I love all of you, And want you to know that and that there is always more to learn ALWAYS.

Merry Christmas, be safe. Moves call on Sunday which is scary but Love you Alll

Live Long and Prosper

Elder Reece Out.

- Elder James Reece

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder James Thomas Kirk Reece
Scotland/Ireland Mission
51 Spylaw Road
Edinburgh
Scotland EH10 5BP
United Kingdom

Mission home Phone: 44 +44(131)-337-1283

email: james.reece@myldsmail.net