Monday 15 December 2014

Monday December 15, 2014

So This week is moves, and the question is what is happening, well For Levenmouth Nothing is changing which is exciting, I will get to spend Christmas with Elder Parry, Be in my second 4 and a half month area and have my first 4 and a half month companion. But All is well, we get on very well, I am really excited about it. This week has gone well, I have alot to do though to get myself prepared for this coming transfer with Creating plans of improvement and such so My e-mail may not be the longest this week and next week we only get an hour to E-mail so that one won't be too long either but I will share what My goals are for this move and christmas season

So, As you all know my focus has been consecration these past few weeks and is going very well, seeing alot of growth and change happening and feeling the spirit work through me much more powerfully. It has been an incredible experience. 
So my plans are:
1. Conduct another 40 day fast focusing on anything that pokes fun of the spirit and stops it from being as strong as it could be. Which also includes a list of things I will start doing as well, They arwe not massive things but just those little changes that cause so much change. As illustrated in the book of Mormon " by small and simple things, are great things brought to pass" And that is exactly what I plan on doing, 
2. Consecrating myself to the Lord this Christmas season by Not Watching movies or any such sort and dedicating the time off to Studying the life of the Savior. (  If you don't know, missionaries, at least where I serve, Are given permission to watch movies Christmas, Boxing Day, New Years Day at member's homes, they are aloud to watch PG or U rated movies, including Disney movies. ) My focus is to not partake of those and to consecrate my performance unto the Lord. 
I know how difficult both of these things will be but I know to become a consecrated missionary and to reach my full potential that the Lord has for me is I need top fight SUPER hard. 
As a companionship as well we are consecrating our work and being more exact in following ALL the mission rules and in being Strictly obedient

As many of you know the work has been slow recently, however It has been beginning to stir once again, and we have some things that look quite promising. The Kirkcaldy ward itself is doing well as a whole ward of 6 missionaries, the ward has one baptism tomorrow and all three sets have potential people working towards baptism.

So stories from the Week, Since I didn't bring my study Journal which is my bad,

Well Gavin is super excited for The Temple in a few weeks and he has already gotten 5 names to take with him to the temple so that is super Exciting. 
Lewis is doing great we had a very powerful lesson with him the other day. We had a lesson with Lewis where we watched the Prophet of The Restoration Joseph Smith, and then we were talking about baptism, However in the Promised blessings I felt prompted to promise him increase of health and other things that can not be recorded and the spirit was just so powerful. It was such a cool experience I had no clue what I was saying but the Lord knew.
John is doing well in his desire to get to the Temple, The Lord is strengthening him alot and the Lord has guided our footsteps to find people
We recieved one new person this week named Thomas, he is a born again, which is really cool and he is looking for Christ's true church he knows it is on the earth but doesn't know which church it is.
And we have a new man we found using the Christmas initiative, we will be meeting with him on Wednesday to teach him and his family about the Gift of Christ :)
It is AMAZING
The Lord has blessings in store to all who are obedient,

I love all of you, 

Merry Christmas.

Love


- Elder James Reece

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder James Thomas Kirk Reece
Scotland/Ireland Mission
51 Spylaw Road
Edinburgh
Scotland EH10 5BP
United Kingdom

Mission home Phone: 44 +44(131)-337-1283

email: james.reece@myldsmail.net