Monday 13 October 2014

Monday October 14, 2014 - Building a testimony of the Lord preparing to receive us, studying Alma, zone development and flat checks!

Hey everyone, 

With this week we have been blessed a lot. This week really built my testimony about the Lord preparing people to recieve you. It is ABSOLUTELY 100% true. With opening an area it has been hard and in doing so my companion and I have been focusing very largely on the aspect of OBEDIENCE. As you are obedient in all things and are truly DESIRING this work to go forth the Lord will use you in his hands. He wants to bless you, he loves YOU, and he will bless you as long as you follow Doctrine and Covenants 130:20-21: Paraphrased says  There is a law irrevocably decreed in heaven in which all blessings are predicated, and when we recieve any blessing it is on the obedience of the law in which it is predicated. I love that so much and can TESTIFY to you brothers and sisters that Obedience is the first law of the Gospel without it you withhold so much from yourself. The Lord desires to bless you in all aspects, but because he is bound by laws he can't bless you unless you deserve it. I love that so much, and this past week we have been talking alot about the nature of God, in all of our lessons, and i have learned to simplify the definition, spend more time on the nature and origin of God and then we will establish first that sure foundation in which we can build upon in the future lessons. In my studies this week I Studied in the Book Of Mormon, Finished Matthew in NT, read abit in chapter 8 " Use Time Wisely" from Preach My Gospel, and in the ensign from last conference.

In the conference edition I studied a few really good talks which really spoke to me.
The first was The Choice Generation- Ridd 
It was all about the amount of choices we have each day, and recently I have really been studying Virtue on how to Improve and gain Righteous Virtue and it gradually changes, But this talk was talking alot about How our choices impact what we do and how easy it is to do what our heart desires. It is all about DISCIPLINE and he gives us four things to do 
1. Knowing who you really are- here he shared a story of a boy who got a glimpse of who he was which changed his life. This really struck me, Throughout my time in the church I have been able to come to know Who I truly am and who I truly was in the Preexistence. I know a part of my divine potential and we all have divine potential and the Lord provides each of us with these things. 
2. Plug into the Source of Power: He was comparing it to our phones, how often do you leave the house with a full charge on your cell phone, and answer texts right away? He tells us should we not put more emphasis on the communication with the Lord. As I studied Virtue it talked about your mind being a stage, and if wholesome thoughts occupy it, dark unrighteous thoughts can not enter so if we are constantly treasuring up the words of life as we are commanded to, we would have an easier time resisting these worldly things.
3. Use Technology Wisely, Don't let it consume your life.
4. Given to Accomplish his Purposes:
The Lord provides these things to better strengthen his kingdom and to be strengthened against the temptations of the World. it provides many wonderful opportunities to do things in a world sense.
REMEMBER THAT.

The Next Talk I read was " I have given you an Example"- Richard G Scott
Emphasizing how big a role being an example is on the lives of all those around you. And with understanding who we are being an example to those who don't have that knowledge yet for themselves.

Then I studied Where your treasure is. It was very good at getting us to look inward and see the purposes of why things we do, and also to show ourselves the reasons we do the things we do.
I enjoyed a quote it read" There is no end to what the world has to offer, so it is critical that we learn to recognize when we have enough." 
It really showed me how vicious and debilitating the world is and if we aren't constantly being watchful and making righteous choices we will fall to it's enticings.

I was also studying in Matthew 27- Mark 2. I really enjoyed the command we are given by the saviour to go into the world, to preach and to baptize and with the savior informing those things, I love how I have the priviledge to be one of them he has sent into the world to preach his gospel.

In Book of Mormon I was reading Alma 2, I read about Amliki, and how he tried to gain favor by the people, he lost the vote and when he did he reviled against the Nephites and started trying to come upon Alma and his people to destroy them. As the Nephites fought back they had the strength of the Lord on their side and drew them back, and as the enemy fleed they joined with the Lamanites, Now the Lamanites and Amlikites clearly outnumbering the Nephites came unto them to battle, but even though the numbers were FEW they Fought back and sent the Lamanites retreating. 
I just love this so Much, BECAUSE of the FAITH and TRUST the Nephites had in the LORD, they were able to fight off an army more numerous then their own and cause them to flee from before them. And in the battle Alma, is fighting with Amliki and puts his trust in God, and covenants to spend all of his life preaching the Gospel if the Lord were to deliver him. The Lord delivers him and throughout the Book of Mormon you see Alma complete that oath baptizing and teaching thousands in his lifetime.

Throughout my week we had many miracles.
One of them was we came to the library to do e-mails last Monday and as we came to do e-mails a man came and started talking to us about the gospel, he is prodestant and is very entrigued, and we have taught him 3 times since including today,  he also had a friend he introduced us too last week who is now meeting with us as well which is so amazing, 

This same thing happened with another of the people we found, he also had a friend who was catholic who is now learning as well.

I am so grateful to be here, the area isn't the greatest but there are so many people who want to change their lives and make changes to be better, and the Lord has blessed us with so much.

We had Zone development this week and it was fun had alot of fun activities and a funny thing happened. We were all getting lifts in the cars, 
I was in one car with the sisters and the zoneleaders, and my companion was in another car, As they drove us to the bus station we got mixed up and the other car, went to another bus stop so I was to get on the bus just with the sisters, which wasn't too bad because we were picking them up however, as we got to the stop the elders were all at, the bus drove right by, at this point I started freaking out abit, because I was part of a trio with two sisters for an hour long bus drive. It was okayed by Zone leaders, but it was weird but I can now Say I have been in a trio with two sisters, so that is funny. I got picked up by a member once we got to the bus station in Glenrothes to await for my companion and the member was confused, I can't blame him It was only me and the two sisters who got off the bus, I would've been confused too, but Hey it's a funny story to tell now. 
Funny thing happened as well we had a flat check this week, and while the flat check was happening our neighbour had the police knocking his door pretty Loud :P it was quite funny. 
We almost have everything we need for our flat now and it is looking like Home.

I love all of you guys. 
Happy Birthday :) 

Live long and Prosper
Elder Reece Out.


- Elder James Reece




No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder James Thomas Kirk Reece
Scotland/Ireland Mission
51 Spylaw Road
Edinburgh
Scotland EH10 5BP
United Kingdom

Mission home Phone: 44 +44(131)-337-1283

email: james.reece@myldsmail.net