Thursday 24 July 2014

July 7, 2014 - Doing the work in Perth!

So this week was interesting, Unfortunately we couldn't get too much done, but it was fun.
So my companion is the district leader and it is his first time being one so we had to go to training on Thursday and then they had District Leader Council on Saturday as well, which as interesting.

Well this week in my study, It has been very hectic with moves and all, but I was able to study my Patriarchal blessing and did it in a way where I was looking for the blessings. and the requirements where the blessings are predecated. It was really cool. Unfortunately I had to be up super early 4 times this week I didn't study too much but this week was awesome.

This week when travelling to Perth I was able to meet a girl and teach her part of the gospel and she told me to stop by the Blend which is a cafe in Perth and was actually there, unfortunately we missed her by a few hours but her friends were told we were supposed to come by so they were expecting us which is really cool.

I am sad that I had to leave Dublin but super excited to do work here in Perth and there is a lot of potential going on here and I am excited to see what the future has. On sunday we had a good meeting in Priesthood where we talked about our convrsions so that was cool and very uplifting.

I also was in Edinburgh on Thursday while my companion was recieving training and we had a cool experience happen to us, we walked by and stopped to think about where we want to go, and as we were standing there a man walked by, his tag from work fell off so I picked it up and gave it to him then started to walk back and Ponder on what the Lord wanted us to do and as we did that I looked over at the man and just walked straight across the parking area to him, to engage him in a gospel conversation which was really cool he was interested and he was working here and studying and initially was from France so i spoke a little french with him.

I do miss all of you and this week has been filled with new beginnings.
I got my new companion so the travelling was a pain in the butt but was fun.

So Wednesday I woke up at 5am got ready walked to the bus stop with all my fellow missionaries, we then got on the bus at 7am, from there we took the bus to Belfast, where we waited for our next bus to come, we took it to the ferry, rode the ferry all the way across then busse all the way to Edinburgh, and from there took a train to Dundee, since it was too late to go back to Perth we stayed the night and then at 7am we travelled to Edinburgh again and all my lugage was still with me, and then we were heading home and the train was full so we had to sit around for 2 hours. However this time is so great and Elder Patterson is doing an excellent job. Very Inspiring.

I love you all, sorry my e-mail isn't the longest but I was going through my photos and videos on my hard drive and spent more time then I wanted to.

I love you all and I know that this church is true. I know that the Lord calls me to this place as part of his plan and I am called to Perth to find someone he needs to enter his kingdom.

I love you all

- Elder James Reece

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder James Thomas Kirk Reece
Scotland/Ireland Mission
51 Spylaw Road
Edinburgh
Scotland EH10 5BP
United Kingdom

Mission home Phone: 44 +44(131)-337-1283

email: james.reece@myldsmail.net