Monday 14 April 2014

Monday April 14, 2014 - Seeing an original book of Mormon and progressing the challenging work along!


Good morning everyone,
 
Last night was my first moves call. Me and Elder McCarthy are staying together which means he will finish training me and I will be his last companion since he goes home May 21st. This week has been full of excitement. One of the coolest things I have done is see the Book of Mormon at Trinity college. It was so cool, attached will be some pictures of an original Book of Mormon.

So like you all know, On Monday we went to Trinity College as a group to see an original book of mormon. As well as we recieved Elder Starr for a week. He is now going to be a district leader in Morningside in Edinburgh, so I am excited for him. As well as one of my other friends Elder Butler is going District Leader as well. That day was so fun.

 On Tuesday, we talked alot about unity in companionships in our district meeting and my district and I had a pot luck meal afterwards. After that I got to be apart of my first ward council and with an elder from the other group I got to teach a solid recent convert with him and share my insights which was nice. We were heading home and because Elder Starr was new he didn't know where to stop and we ran into an investigator we were wondering about and invited her to meet with us but she didn't come. :(

 
On Wednesday, I was on an exchange with my district leader, and this day was awesome. We met with a sister who is very intrigued and interesting with missionary work and wants to know how to get involved. She is also part of a part member family so that was awesome, and then we went to Port Marnock to do some service for a lady. We got to cut down some tree branches and clean up and then she fed us and tried to pay us. We declined and she thanked us and she said if she knows of anyone that needs anything she would refer us to them, then right as we were leaving I felt prompted to talk to her about family history and she seemed excited and interested. Afterwards we came home and went to a former I had found in the phone and was able to meet her, she is super solid and excited about the gospel. We will see what comes of it. However because when we were coming back to the train station, we had stopped to contact people we didn't get to the station on time and just missed the train, so we decided to tract. We knocked on two doors and the second door we knocked was super interested, and even told us we are always welcome at her home. It was a great day overall. 

 On thursday the stake patriarch asked us to be at a place with him since he wasmentioning the church in his talk in case people had any questions, unfortunately it wasn't as fruitful as we thought it would be but we invited a few people

 On Friday, Was interesting day. We went to the church to teach an investigator he was walking around on tuesday and the sisters invited him in he was walking by and wanted to go in but didn't know how, then we were able to talk with him it was really cool he had been being prepared his whole life and he recognized some of it. Then we had another former to go by, Oh my gosh, she tried tearing us apart, it was an interesting experience. However one of our members suffers from Depression and they told us not to come by because they weren't doing well, but we felt like they needed us and as we were prompted to go , he then told us as we got to his house that as he knelt down to pray and right as he was asking for guidance we knocked on his door as he said Amen. So being missionaries we went anyway and we were there for him when he needed us most.

 On Saturday it was a great day, one of our progressing investigators had us over but two of her friends were there and joined in as well, we were able to establish our expectations and hers as well and, one of the friends might be interested to learn as well. Later on we were having dinner at a members home and we got there early so me and their son went out tracting, in 20 minutes we got a return appointment from one and then 2 houses later the lady let us in to teach her. Then we taught an investigator at the church he didn't speak much english but he said the church had good energy,

 On Sunday we finally had investigators attend church, it was awesome we had three of them attend. It is nice to see the work hastening. We then were visiting in Raheny and we said a prayer before going tracting and got lead to a lady who was open to hearing from us and we will go back for a return appointment. I am glad me and my companion are doing better together and there is more unity with us now.I know that there is lots to come.

 My focus this week in my studies is understanding Pride. I am studying what it is, how to strip it off and how to be humble and submissive to my leaders. I have found several scriptures that just show me exactly what I need to see. Trust in the Lord and everything will work out.

As we draw closer to God through reading scriptures and prayer, he draws unto us as well so we can resist stronger.

I love you all. Enjoy the photos hopefully

 - Elder James Reece




No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder James Thomas Kirk Reece
Scotland/Ireland Mission
51 Spylaw Road
Edinburgh
Scotland EH10 5BP
United Kingdom

Mission home Phone: 44 +44(131)-337-1283

email: james.reece@myldsmail.net