Wednesday 23 April 2014

Monday April 21, 2014 - INCREDIBLE chalk drawing photos to say the very least!




This week was great, we had alot of changes for me at least this week.

For the past few weeks there has been alot of contention between me and my companion and general conference a few weeks back shed some light on why that is and then this past week I was able to more fully understand it. I have been studying alot about Pride and first studied what is pride and by understanding all the forms in which pride is, it helped me understand alot more how to strip it, which leads me to part 2 of my study which was ways to strip pride, and alot of the things specifically for me were to turn outwards and think of others. Since I was a child I used to fight for attention and I am learning on how to not fight about attention and to allow the attention to be on other people. One great way to strip pride is to ask others on how you can improve, and then take their advice, or when correction comes to thank them for it.Along with Pride I also studied a talk called who the Lord Loveth, he rebukes and chastens, and this talk really spoke to me and put alot of things into perspective. One of these things is that especially as a missionary I am to be chastened all the time, that is how I will become what the Lord intends me to be, If we endure chastening we can be molded and shaped just like a currant bush and as we are cut down we are made into the currant bush which allows us to bear fruit and become what we need to become. We are the bushes in the garden of life and Christ is the Gardener he is there to shape us and help us be what we are to become. Some of us might be small shrubs but if you heed the chastening and obey it, we will be changed for the better. I learnt that the Lord chastens those he loves and if we don't endure chastening we can not change. The meek and humble accept the opportunity to change to become better, but the learned take the truth to be hard and don't want to change. I know I have to change. Then my last focus was becoming a consecrated missionary and it focused on laying everything on the Altar, laying our fears, our disobedience, our romantic thoughts, our pride and even our negativity and sarcasm on the Altar of sacrifice. I never knew how damaging sarcasm and negativity even as joking could be but I  have come to realise just how much Satan uses that to cause us to deter others. I pray that none of you fall into his traps, he wants all of us to perish and be cast out just like him and Christ wants us to prosper. You get to choose your path, make sure you choose the right one.

This past week here in Dublin has been entertaining, On Wednesday we went on a hop on tour around Dublin, I got to see many cool things. My favourite was St. Stephen's Green, just because of how beautiful it was. I am so greatful to be apart of this beautiful work and to be encompassed around by such beauty and to truly see the things God had created and see the miraculous beauty that comes from it. 


On Monday we had a few hours for Emailing and cleaning. Since it was moves week, P-day was on the Wednesday. For morning exercise some mornings me and Elder McCarthy wrestle, he always wins but it is a good exercise. We were able to get alot done.

On Tuesday, we all were able to participate in a community garden and do some planting of strawberries which was a nice thing. There were lots of people and just like Ammon we serve the people and that is how we help them. We began to organize our idea for doing street chalking the Plan of Salvation in city Center. and we went over to a members house for dinner again. We were given the car for 2days which was nice to be more convenient to get to places.Tuesday night we had one of the other elders in our flat with us and then Wednesday morning we dropped him off at the bus station.

On Wednesday, I learnt a valuable lesson on Obedience as well. Also we have been looking for a family of 5 that was my companion's goal, and we found a family that we are now working with She is from Croatioa, wants faith in Christ again and her husband is Atheist so this will be fun. She is very interested and is prepared.

On Thursday, based on travel difficulties, we had another missionary with us for the day, This was a good and effective day. We then needed to wait for his companion in the evening and it being the day before good friday, the traffic was atrocious.

On Saturday we did a big Plan of salvation Chalking event in City Centre in Dublin, it was beautiful out and it was great to have something the YSA could help out with. We generated alot of buzz and were able to recieve a large amount of referrals. It was from 11-2 and was a very fun finding activity which beats chapping doors for three hours. We then taught two good lessons and we finally recieved spanish Books of Mormon so now our investigators can understand :) It's crazy how many Venezuelans and Brazilians are here in Dublin now. This week was a very good week. The bishpop and his family are from Sweden so we had a festive Sweden Easter meal which was very enjoyable.

We have a few people progressing which is nice to see and Today we are going to Dublin Zoo. I hope everyone has a great time and remember always that in times of need Christ has suffered all that we could and will suffer so he can always help us through all things. Accept him in your life and follow him and you will recieve Peace and happiness in this life and the life to come. 

Love you all.


- Elder James Reece




No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder James Thomas Kirk Reece
Scotland/Ireland Mission
51 Spylaw Road
Edinburgh
Scotland EH10 5BP
United Kingdom

Mission home Phone: 44 +44(131)-337-1283

email: james.reece@myldsmail.net