Saturday 14 June 2014

Monday June 9, 2014 - Baptism!

As always, This week was a great week. And had alot of very interesting and great opportunities.

My studies this week consisted on a few things.

First, I was studying alot about become consecrated, and focused on the Consecrated Missionary talk by Elder Tad R. Callister, it showed me alot about how we put our whole might, mind, heart and strength on the work. It is really difficult. We are told to be a consecrated missionary, we must lay all of our soul on the altar of sacrifice to the Lord. It talks about laying aside Romantic Tendencies, Disobedience, Sarcasm and Negatism as well as our fears. That is so many different things. For myself I have been trying to focus on being more obedient then I already am. I read a few talks on Obedience and a friend back home before I came out told me that "Obedience brings blessings and strict obedience brings Miracles" and I want to be here to have miracles happen in people's lives.
My focus has been on trying to be a consecrated missionary and it shows so many different things.

Second, I was studying in Book of Mormon, Preach My Gospel, and New Testament. I was able to study in Jacob and thought it was quite interesting as well as study abit in New Testament in Matthew and just see how much love Christ has for all and compassion and love he shows always. It shows me a great example. 

Unfortunately I can't remember much and not feeling the greatest so not in the mood to write too much or think too much. But this week was good.

This week I have gained a testimony of Fasting and the power that it brings to us. I am greatful for that experience. I fasted that we would have a baptism and our friend we were teaching is leaving to go back home this week, so we went to church last Sunday and he had to be there to be baptized and he wasn't there, howeveer we were able to get special permission to do it this week and throughout the week, our investigator was pondering on baptism and flipped through his Book of Mormon and landed on Mosiah 13:9 which really resinated with him and it said " But I finish my message; and then it matters not whither I go, if it so be that I am saved" and he was baptised yesterday. It was so amazing that the Lord if it be apart of his plan will make everything fall into place to help certain things to happen. This week was aboslutely incredible. I definately saw the Lord's hand in our lives this week with those we found and those we helped out.

On Monday we had a partial P-day and didn't do much because it was a holiday but had a good time hanging out. 

On Tuesday, We had zone development and it was really fun, we had a great day and we were able to grow as a zone. We had a talent show and had alot of fun and played capture the flag while I took a bunch of pictures. It was a lot of fun

On Wednesday we did some family history and I am searching for my great great grandfather in the records and finding some stuff just trying to find which one he is first. More news will be in the future. We then did some city finding and it is very successful, we go to city centre us and a few other teams and just go out and talk to everyone. In the evening it was great we were able to be invited to a member's house for dinner and another member was able to come to it as well and they are returning to activity so it is great to see the relationships with the ward.

On Thursday we did alot of service and it seems that things are going great at the community garden it seems like there are lots of potential investigators there and they all respect us and appreciate our help and ask us questions about our beliefs.We then got to build stronger relationships with other members and do more gardening and see one of our investigators, she is being baptised next sunday so it's really exciting for us all.

On Friday we had a baptismal interview which is the first time I have ever seen one so it was interesting and I was on exchange with Elder Boswell,  For the Baptism we asked him what he wants for it who he wants to do specific things and he asked me to be the one to baptise him, which was an honour for me. We are trying to have members do it more but in the end it is up to them who they want since it is their day.

On Saturday I was on exchange with the district leader, it was an interesting day, we had alot of appointments fall through but it taught me to make more backup plans and be more obedient in that sense.

On Sunday, it was crazy. We had Gustavo's baptism at 10am, then we had his confirmation and also a member in the ward asked me to be apart of his priesthood ordination so I was a part of that. As well as the family that he belongs too told me how much of an impact I have had on them since being here and from my background and story, It just shows me how we are called to be in specific places and to meet specific people so we can touch their lives and the Lord knows all and I am so blessed for all the blessings the Lord has enabled me to partake in. I am greatful to be here.

I know that this church is true, that Jesus is the Christ and that we are chosen and called to where we are to be. If you are somewhere right now it is where the Lord needs you to be, however he allows us our agency so if we are at places we don't want to be the Lord will help us if we let him, it is through Christ that all is possible and with our own power we can't do anything.

I love you all.

 
- Elder James Reece



No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder James Thomas Kirk Reece
Scotland/Ireland Mission
51 Spylaw Road
Edinburgh
Scotland EH10 5BP
United Kingdom

Mission home Phone: 44 +44(131)-337-1283

email: james.reece@myldsmail.net