Tuesday 1 October 2013

 The Reason Behind this Blog:

As alot of you may already know, I have been preparing to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I thought it would be beneficial for other as they Read how I am preparing to serve the lord and what I am doing to prepare myself and stay righteously.

So my first test to prepare was when I submitted my mission papers to Salt Lake just over 2 weeks ago. I challenged myself to read the whole book of mormon in three weeks :) I am currently in 3 Nephi chapter 18 and would be completed if I didn't slack off on several occasions. My goal is to finish the book of mormon before I recieve my call and if I am not finished it when my call comes in I have to finish reading it before I can open my call. I currently have already recieved alot of the things necessary to serve so I am just currently waiting to get my Passport and get my Endowments.

I am currently taking Institute every Wednesday and was directed by many people to be taking the Book Of Mormon class since It is the keystone of our religion :) I have learnt so many great techniques and doctrines from this class and Tomorrow is Institute :). One of the other main things I plan on doing for preparation is go into General conference with a set of good questions about mission work and rules and KEY important doctrine and to recieve solid answers. Well that is all for right now, I should get back to my mission preparation stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder James Thomas Kirk Reece
Scotland/Ireland Mission
51 Spylaw Road
Edinburgh
Scotland EH10 5BP
United Kingdom

Mission home Phone: 44 +44(131)-337-1283

email: james.reece@myldsmail.net